- Bondy v. Texas Eastern, a seminal case often cited for establishing the standard to be met in asserting a fear of cancer claim;
- Lieber v. Rust, relating to the establishment of predial servitudes;
- AmCom v. Patterson, one of the first modern era decisions of the Louisiana Supreme Court upholding enforcement of an employee non-compete agreement;
- Winterrowd v. Travelers, the leading case at the time establishing the manufacturer's duty to warn in products liability matters;
- Successfully obtained a complete estate tax refund of all deductions claimed in Anderson v. IRS involving oil and gas property valuation;
- Secured reversal by the Louisiana Supreme Court of the Court of Appeals in Hudson v. City of Bossier relating to the proper distribution of gaming revenues;
- Obtained a reversal of the lower court by the Arkansas Supreme Court in Blanchard v. Sonat establishing industry favorable law in Arkansas relating to seismic exploration and trespass; and
- Motion for Reconsideration granted by district court and upheld by United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in Alyce Gaines Johnson v. El Paso, confirming granting clause in standard Bath Form as broad and unambiguous.
Mr. Shea has been a very active member of the Louisiana State Bar Association. Mr. Shea has served as the President of the LSBA for the year 2014 – 2015. Before that, in 2002, he was honored as a recipient of the Louisiana State Bar Association President's Award for Exceptional Service. In addition to being elected as a House of Delegates member for many years, he has served on numerous committees of the Louisiana Bar, including Chair of the Ethics Advisory Service Subcommittee, Member of the Rules of Professional Conduct Committee, Member of the Public Access & Consumer Protection Committee, Former Member on the Ethics 2000 Committee, the Advisory Reading Committee for the LSBA Handbook on Professional Responsibility, the Practice Assistance and Improvement Committee as an Ethics School Instructor, the Mentoring and Internship Committee, the Special Committee on MCLE for New Admittees, the Public Access & Consumer Protection Committee, the Rules of Professional Conduct Committee, as Chair of the Multi-Jurisdictional Practice Committee, and as Chair of the Ethics Advisory Service Subcommittee.
Mr. Shea was an Adjunct Professor of Business Law in the School of Business at Centenary College from 1998 - 2010. He was honored to serve as a member of the Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board from 1995-2002, and as Chairman in 2002. Over the years Mr. Shea has been appointed to serve on various committees of the Louisiana Supreme Court, including the Supreme Court Task Force on Lawyer Advertising and Supreme Court Ad Hoc Committee to Study the Finances and Workload of the Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board. He has been an associate member of the American Board of Trial Advocates since 1992, a member of the National Institute of Trial Advocates since 1994, and an Inn Master with the Harry V. Booth and Judge Henry A. Politz Inn of Court since 2000.
- Recognized by SB Magazine as one of the 2016 "Top Attorneys" in the Shreveport-Bossier area
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 Shreveport Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants "Lawyer of the Year"
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 Shreveport Litigation - Environmental "Lawyer of the Year"
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 Shreveport Mass Tort Litigation / Class Action – Defendants “Lawyer of the Year”
- Chambers USA® 2013-2015 Leader in Field for Energy & Natural Resources: Oil & Gas
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 Shreveport Litigation – Environmental “Lawyer of the Year”
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2009-2016 Commercial Litigation, Energy Law, Litigation - Environmental, Litigation - Labor and Employment, Litigation - Real Estate, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants, Oil & Gas Law and Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Centenary College, Adjunct Professor of Business Law (1998-2010)
- Louisiana Super Lawyers® 2008-2016 - Class Action/Mass Torts; Energy & Natural Resources
- AV® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell. “AV” is the highest possible rating for legal ability and ethical standards.
Professional & Civic Associations
- Shreveport Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- President June 2014 – June 2015
- Chair of the Ethics Advisory Service Subcommittee
- Member of the Rules of Professional Conduct Committee
- Member of the Public Access & Consumer Protection Committee
- Former Chair of the Multi-Jurisdictional Practice Committee
- Former Member on the Ethics 2000 Committee
- Adjunct Professor of Business Law at Centenary College (1998 – 2010)
- Former Member of the Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board - Served as Vice-Chair of the Board in 2001 and Chair in 2002
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Associate Member
- Senior Inn Master with the Harry V. Booth and Henry A. Politz Inn of Court
- Louisiana Law Review (1976-1978), Executive Editor (1977-1978)
- Robert L. Tullis Moot Court Competition, winner
- Order of the Coif
Larry has been a frequent speaker at seminars on a variety of topics including Professionalism, Ethics, Evidence, Expert Testimony, Insurance Law, Trial Techniques, Business Litigation, and Troubled Financial Institutions.