<< Back to Our Attorneys
Print This Page
David E. Redmann, Jr.
Dave E. Redmann was born in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1969. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Notre Dame in 1991 and a Juris Doctor degree from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University in 1994, where he was a member of the Louisiana Law Review. His practice consists principally of the defense of toxic tort, products liability, occupational injury and disease, and class action claims in the Louisiana state and federal courts. He also engages in appellate practice in the Louisiana state and federal courts. He is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, the Defense Research Institute, the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, the New Orleans Bar Association, and the Federalist Society. For the three most recent additions, he has been the co-author (with Dwight "Trey" Paulsen) of the Louisiana chapter of the Defense Research Institute's reference book Products Liability Defenses.
Mr. Redmann is admitted to practice in The United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Professional & Civic Associations
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Federalist Society
Publications and Presentations
- Instructor, "What should the claims department do when the stuff hits the fan, or the chlorine hits the wind? Responding to; evaluating, and defending sudden-event mass toxic tort claims", Council on Litigation Management Live Standards Training continuing education program, July 28, 2011 Charlotte, NC
- Co-author (with Dwight C. Paulsen III), Louisiana chapter, Products Liability Defenses (Defense Research Institute, 2nd ed. 2001, 3rd ed. 2004, and 4th ed. 2007)
- Author/lecturer, "Where is Daubert going and where should you go with it?" New Orleans Association of Defense Counsel continuing legal education program, March 30, 2001
- Author, "The Role of ‘Unilateral' Error in Contract Rescission, Construction, and Damage Valuation: a Modest Proposal", 53 Louisiana Law Review 1879 (1993)
- Best Lawyers® 2011-2015 - Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants and Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Louisiana State University, J.D., 1994
- University of Notre Dame, B.S., 1991